Why respite care?
Rest and rejuvenation
It allows carers to rest and rejuvenate so they can return to caregiving duties feeling refreshed and renewed
It supports social interaction for those that require high care and may be at risk of feeling isolated in their own home
Recover from illness or injury
Respite can help someone to remain in their own home for longer once they recover from a hospital stay, illness, or injury
Trying out a Glengara Care apartment through respite can make the transition of moving into aged care easier
What is respite?
Respite at Glengara Care is 24/7 care for a short-period of time in one of our care apartments. Before you move in, our care manager will sit down with you to design your own personalised care plan. Respite residents have access to around the clock care from on-site care staff, the opportunity to participate in community activities, and enjoy daily cooked meals prepared by our professional chef. Respite residents will live alongside our Glengara Care residents and will quickly become a part of our welcoming community.
Why choose respite at Glengara Care?
Caring for a loved one can be very rewarding, but it can also be physically and emotionally tough at times. Respite care may help relieve some of that stress on both a carer and their loved one.
We will take care of everything for you, including cooking, cleaning, shower assistance, dressing, medication support, and more. You can feel confident in knowing that our care team are on-site and alert 24 hours a day.
Glengara Care is a registered nurse-led model of care and we pride ourselves in offering our residents nursing-home level care in their own luxurious, private home.
Each apartment includes an ensuite, living and dining area, kitchenette, and outdoor space. It truly is aged care like you’ve never seen it before.
Respite care can also be the best way to experience all the benefits of living in a Glengara Care apartment and can offer peace of mind for those who might be considering making the move permanent.
The best part is that you don’t need an ACAT assessment so there is no lengthy waitlist. You can move straight in.
What is included in a Glengara Care respite stay?
Your respite stay at Glengara Care apartments includes:
- A luxurious, private and secure care apartment
- Help from our dedicated staff 24 hours a day – receive assistance with showering, dressing, medication and more
- Two hours of care per week included in your rate – use for medicine administration, showering, cleaning etc. Additional care services are available on a fee for service basis
- Three tasty and nutritious meals per day prepared by professional chef
- Your apartment cleaned, linen changed and one load of personal laundry washed for stays of seven days or more within the 2 hours of care or at an additional charge